Mint Chocolate Cookies

Mint Chocolate Cookies melt-in-your-mouth with a delicious burst of dark chocolate mint flavor!  Crisp on the outside with gooey goodness on the inside.
Mint Chocolate Cookies from CulinaryEnvy.com
I don’t know if you belonged to any organizations as a child, but I was a Girl Scout growing up. I loved the fellowship, crafts, and outreach programs we accomplished. I also adored the annual cookie-selling time! Getting dressed up in my green uniform with my order sheet and going door to door to pedal cookies was a blast. Oh what memories! It always seemed like everyone ordered Thin Mint ® cookies, which was my favorite as well. So, since I haven’t been a Girl Scout in awhile (understatement) and I am in a new state and don’t know any Girl Scouts, I decided I would try and develop a similar taste profile.
I had some leftover dough from making chocolate chip cookies and I was craving something with mint, so I grabbed a Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Mint Cream and put it in the middle of the cookie. Well, on the first batch the mint totally deflated and oozed out. So, I decided to bake the cookie dough alone for 5 minutes and then stick the mint on top and cook it another 3 minutes. Yeah! Success! It was fantastic! Now I can get my Girl Scout Thin Mint ® cookie sweet tooth finally quenched. Next I’m off to conquer Samoas® cookies! Wish me luck.

Mint Chocolate Cookies
 
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Author: Susan
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 servings
Ingredients
  • 1⅛ cups all purpose flour
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • ⅓ cups granulated sugar
  • ⅓ cups dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ tablespoon vanilla
  • 24 pieces Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Mint Creams
 
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with aSilpat Non-Stick Baking Mat or parchment paper.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a hand electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add the egg and vanilla. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
  3. Drop a heaping teaspoon-size ball of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and then remove the pan from the oven and add the Dark Chocolate Mint Cream to the center, pushing down slightly. Cook an additional 3 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Enjoy!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment