Turkey Tacos

In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving (I live in Canada), today’s post is about turkey tacos. See what I did there? Yeah, I didn’t feel like cooking a huge bird. I am kind of over turkey. Last time I roasted a turkey was about four years ago and we had leftovers for aaaaages. I got so sick of it that I still don’t want to roast the damn thing. On every holiday when my mom asks me what kind of bird she should roast for our family get-together, the answer is never turkey. I can only take turkey in small doses… such as ground up and in tacos.
Turkey Tacos - Salt & Lavender
These turkey tacos aren’t really reminiscent of Thanksgiving at all, but what’s wrong with rebelling a bit? I considered deconstructing the turkey dinner and putting it into taco form, but that just sounds vile. I’d rather have guacamole in my tacos than cranberry sauce.
Turkey Tacos
 
Author: Natasha
Recipe type: Tacos
 
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
 
Serves: 4
 
Quick and easy ground turkey tacos.
Ingredients
Guacamole
  • See the recipe here
Tacos
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tablespoon Tex Mex seasoning
  • 8-12 medium flour tortillas
Other Toppings
  • Sour cream
  • Fresh lime juice (optional)
 
Instructions
  1. Prepare guacamole and refrigerate for later.
  2. Pre-heat oven to 350F (to warm tortillas), wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven.
  3. Add olive oil to skillet, and warm on medium heat. Add turkey, garlic powder, paprika, and Tex Mex seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
  4. Cook turkey for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring frequently.
  5. Top tacos with sour cream, guacamole, turkey, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
 
Notes
Cook time includes the time it takes to make the guacamole.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment