My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

These chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. I make them all the time and my family can't get enough!
I know what you are thinking. There are already a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there and about twice as many different ways to make them. Why am I posting one here? Sometimes you need to make something super simple and basic and that really hits home with you. That’s these cookies. They aren’t fancy. I will never claim something preposterous like them being THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE YOU WILL EVER MAKE. EVER!!! In fact, I would never claim that about any recipe. We all have our own definition of the best and they aren’t always the same. Instead, these are my personal favorite cookies.
I love these chocolate chip cookies because they use mini chocolate chips so you get lost of pockets of chocolate in every bite.
They are….
Buttery
Crispy on the edges
Unbelievably chew in the middle
Chocolaty
A little Salty
These chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies I've had. Crispy on the outside and so chewy on the inside. The perfect bite.
Exactly how I like my cookies. These are the cookies I make when I want comfort food. When I want to send something home with any guests. My go-to dessert for basically anything at any time. There isn’t any trick to my chocolate chip cookies to make them extra this or that. Just a bit of extra vanilla and an extra dash of love (I am so corny, I know). They are extraordinarily ordinary, and yet completely amazing.
I don't think I will ever go back to another chocolate chip cookie after having one(or four) of these!
Just the kind of treat you need for your Monday.
My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Author: Amanda Powell
Serves: about 16 cookies
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon corn starch
  • ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2¼ cups mini chocolate chips (may also use regular chocolate chips)
 
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and corn starch, set aside.
  3. Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and then add the vanilla and beat well again.
  4. Fold in the flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips (reserve some to stud the top of the cookies).
  5. Optionally chill the dough for an hour. You can skip this if you really want your cookies now!
  6. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough and drop onto the baking sheet, at least two inches apart.
  7. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove and top with chocolate chips (you will need to carefully push them in so they stick). Allow to cool on a wire rack.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment